In this second, but optional part of the "shoe rack" difuser panels, I will choose to incorporate some absorbtion qualities in to the room tune devise, for livelier rooms or system.



I started out with a piece of one inch thick acoustic foam and then cut to size of 5 x 13 inches square as pictured above. Once cut, the foam squares are then squeeze bended insert in to the gaps of the difuser panel, as per shown in picture below.



As expected, with the absorbtion foams inserted, the some of the high frequency extension was curtailed. it also manages to cut down some excess and sometimes spitty high mids. If you have a system suffering from excess brightness or spitty high mids, this is a very valid option.

For me, due to the already tonally well balanced nature of my system, I just removed all the acoustic foam and decided to stick with part 1.


[In-Line Advertisements]


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting for you tube trap!!A lot of the DIY s receire use material s that are not available here

Anonymous said...

Panzer,

How far are your speaker from the front wall when measured from the front speaker panel?

You may want to try get a Shun Mook mpingo disc which you can stick to the front wall. The position is where you hear the vocals to emanate from. If you this, you will find that the vocalist mouth become more localised and 3D. Again YMMV

Panzer said...

Ken,

My speaker front baffles are 42 inches away from front wall, and 34 inches away from front difusers.

I did have a go with the Shun Mook disc earlier but they didn't do much for me then. However, I'd be curious again should there be a spare one lying around for me to try again with thanks.