a mini power duel ensues....

on my hand the furutech reference III power cord, currently being cooked for the battle.

it is going to challenge my resident ps audio xstream statement sc for the all-important connection to my cd player.

ps audio xstream statement sc has proven to be a tough opponent to beat. it has plenty of heft in the bass and midrange, plus real quality highs proferred by the single-crystal.

it is going to be a friendly duel with no bloodshed expected.

watch out in the next few days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting duel. detail vs full bass.

Anonymous said...

Agree with anonymous.

PS audio tend to be bass heavy, and IMO would be better match for the Planar.

For other systems Furutech gives sparkling sweet details

Anonymous said...

Another worl first?

That is why I love reading this blog!!!

Panzer said...

Maggielurva,

Can I join in witnessing the duel?

Anonymous said...

WS.

More does not necessarily mean better bass.

the Furutech certainly ain't shy of bass , if that is what you are referring, but the quality is different.

Let us wait what Maggielurva report....

Anonymous said...

Sonically,I find the PS audio to be biased towards bass;some people claim this is due to the fact that they tend to accumulate statics much easier than other design.

having said that I like the fact thaqt you could lift the ground off just by unscrewing the earth pin;for this reason I still use it for my CDP

Anonymous said...

lang,

ditto myself..

i wonder why not many more manufacturers offer the option of removing the ground pin...

Anonymous said...

Hi maggielurva 愛美姬,

May we now know the result of the duel?

Many Thanks!

CK