The one thing I realize after listening to so many combinations and setups is how we could extrapolate and listen beyond a particular component, if given that the component is what we are familiar with. When I rave about certain components, at times, I have to admit I am extrapolating. But then, I have never been blowing the wrong trumpet.

Bladelius, a relatively new brand that shot up to stardom in such short period of time, is not to be missed. I have to tell you, I have had no home trial prior to sealing the deal. Heck, my second setup was built based solely on extrapolation. The Bladelius and ATC were purchased separately with no test marriage at all!

The Thor integrated and Idun pre + Balder power are 2 amplifications that really got me madly in love with Bladelius. I heard the Thor thru Marten Duke, a formidable pair of speakers, the sound was articulate and juicy. I heard the Idun + Balder thru Chario, again, the same quality greeted me, expressive and full of emotions.

These 2 amplifications make me forget that I am actually listening to solid state. The tonal richness, harmonic textures and that juiciness are qualities hard to replicate in solid state. I was overly excited and even shocked to know it's possible, and made available at such relatively affordable price! I put "relative" as people have been criticizing and condemning my perspective in affordability.

Now, why did I put "minus Bladelius"? Well, while Audio Net veered towards light blue, Bladelius is definitely orange-y. It's sunny and exciting, full of energy and willing to please with no reservation. If Audio Net is composed as golden retriever, then Bladelius is definitely the playful Boxer! They are meant for different kind of owners.


Both the Thor and Balder utilized the massive toroidal transformer, hence, the hefty and composed sound. The bigger siblings like Beowulf and Grendel sounded slightly different from Thor and Balder. Tonally, they are similar, but in terms of density, I still prefer the smaller siblings, Thor and Balder. This is personal preference, nothing against them.

No comments: