The Marten speakers have got superb chemistry with Audio Net, showing all the merits and strengths of the German marque. Marten's ceramic implementation is quite different sounding as I could recall, they carry an effortlessness and sweetness not found in many other ceramic speakers. Some ceramic speakers are quite whitish and imposing, making them good for demo but less enjoyable in the long hours.


Just before I am condemned and burnt, I better make myself clear. The above statement is a generalization on Marten speakers that I have listened to in far better conditions than that of the hotel room. Hence, I am able to listen beyond the un-burn-in state and less than conducive room condition. The speakers just came in days before the show and I was around the shop to be a witness to this.

I received calls telling me to make this clear before people started to question my listening ability. I have to admit, it would be hard for anyone to even consider the sound to be great. But what to do? I have heard great synergy between Marten and Audio Net to even hold my breath to not rave about them.

Now, I can't wait to listen to the Bird in a proper Audio Net setup!

No comments: