In terms of brand and product knowledge, I guess I am the most idiotic around already. But one thing I am surely good at is blowing the horn whenever I hear good sound. This Meishu is one heck of a gem giving out only 9 watt per channel. I was given to know that they excel in tonal accuracy, I guess I have to concur to this as what I heard was not the overly romantic rosy tinted tube sound. Instead, I was greeted with open, neutral and natural sound.



I have had not much experience with AN UK stuff, but hearing what I heard at the show, I am sure they are no slouch.


Now I am sure this is an unfair pit as this speakers should be given a more spacious room to sing! The room was basically not big enough to contain the sound, making them a bit stressed and congested. With more distance from the speakers, I guess the image integration would be more seamless. Nevertheless, the sound was huge, lively and dynamic.


Is this the Uno Nano? This is definitely the first pair of horns that I could sit down and enjoy its aural prowess! I was seriously awed by their uncanny ability to swing along with such huge dynamic range. Their effortlessness in handling transient attack was to be heard to believe. Loud they'd go, but never lack of ultimate refinement!

Gee, I am getting horny on horn speakers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this one was IMHO the best but at what price?

Lil' KC 小雞雞 said...

At what price is considered value for money?

Kong said...

In my book, Avantgarde has the best "presence" or you-are-there sensation.

Anonymous said...

In hi-fi I do not consider anything as value for money. You are supposed to get what you pay for unless of course you blindly mismatch.