This was supposed to be in on Saturday, but due to the darn Streamyx line I have no internet access at home for Saturday & Sunday. Let's hope when I get home, they have sorted out the lines. Called them & they said "due to heavy rain the fibre optics at your area got problem....bla bla bla".

My first Canto-pop concert ever attended - The Jacky Cheung "Year Of Jacky Cheung World Tour" at The National Stadium Bukit Jalil on 14/09/2007. No regrets. But not the most comfortable performance I have attended. First it drizzled and we had to put on the raincoat (which i brought in case it rained). Secondly, after the drizzle, it was warm. No...it was hot. I was sweating though not profusely yet. Thirdly, the seats were basic hard plastic chairs which were not comfortable for the rump after 3 hours. Should have got up and walk around.

Fortunately, the discomforts were compensated for a superb performance from Jacky. This 46 year old man can actually sing for 3 hours plus and also has the stamina to dance on stage. Kudos to him. And he looked fitter than a fiddle too.

The opening number has a rocking edge with some fireworks to cream it off. Jacky has good rapport with the audience throughout the show. He deserves admiration too for still being in top notch form after 23 years in the industry.

The visuals were above average. 4 big screens in all with the center one taking precedence in terms of clarity and visual impact.

The concert acoustics were good in my opinion. No microphone feedback save for 1 quick occassion. The bass could bee a wee bit tighter. You could feel and hear them, but I think it was a bit fat, not taut. Not that bad a thing for me somehow that night.

The songs repertoire spanned 2 decades and were instant hits with the crowd. My favourite number for that night was the 2nd last song. It was from an 80's sad story movie. I don't know the title because my cantonese/chinese is not good. Hahaha... It would have been sweeter too if he also sang Amour Amour Amour. All in all it was a "worth your money concert" and more.

3 comments:

maggielurva 愛美姬 said...

photos! we want photos!

GlySinn said...

Cameras not allowed-la. Unfortunately the Nokia e61i 2mp camera is not up to the task.. Took some videos with it...but blur too.. :)

simon said...

Congratulations on your inviting and informative blog.

I noticed you are interested in stocks as well. I have recently started a blog on PE investmens for small investors thru listed PE funds. To me, this subject has been of particular interest as I used to work for a FoF PE house which only allowed instituional to participate on PE performance.

I'm interested in any kind of feed-back on my blog and would like to implement constructive suggestions (also in terms of language).

If you like my blog, I would be honored if we linked to each other's sites.

Best wishes from Switzerland,
Simon

www.PPrivateEquity.com/