Actually, ignorance is bliss. I would’ve never thought this would plague me until I heard the best of Leslie’s setup. I would’ve never taken note of my listening level and kept on listening without noticing what’s wrong.

When the current quality is bad due to whatever unknown reason, it’s actually causing havoc on the sound you get. When the current gets so bad to a point where god also cannot help you, even putting Richard Gray or PS Audio also cannot help.

It’s not hard to detect such foe in sound when the electricity is no good. You’ll notice that the harmonic richness has been stripped away, leaving only a thin and glassy sound to torture you. The tonal textures would’ve all gone out of the window, leaving classical guitars to sound like acoustic guitars.

When the electricity is good, you’ll get a sense of saturation that is so rich and vivid in the mids that mimics eerie presence! Everything will gel into a cohesive presentation, with no particular spectrum shouting for attention. You'll be embraced with a calm, effortless and organic presentation.

Of course, it’s easy to get by all this while. I normally would just turn down the volume and listen like normal. Or just let the setup plays something as background music. Silly tube waster!

If you do not notice this, either you are the world luckiest audiophile, or you are as deaf as I am.

No comments: