out goes powertrans...

as soon as i finished blogging the previous post "under critical evaluation", i realize how sensitive and political the result of my evaluation would be. the product is from my dealer-cum-friend; a lot of my audiophile friends use it; and most importantly powertrans is a tested product highly embraced by malaysian audiophiles.

so, let's cut to the chase - in the greater interest of diplomacy and political correctness, i would just say that powertrans isn't for me. maybe i am just too fussy and cocky :-)

however, do bear in mind that it is entirely my view, my experience obtained from testing it in my system. your mileage may vary greatly.

so, please don't flame me. i am a nice guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally you provide a lot of details when you review something e.g the RGPC. How come you just say its not for you. I also noticed that the voltage you are running it is 235V (switch on the right is at -5V postion). You don't really say why its not for you or what it did to you system that you did not like or could not live with. Any one who has one will tell you for sure it does not commit any of the "sins" you have listed previously. I also know that your system feeds of the RGPC and if PowerTrans is feeding the RGPC you are almost certain to have problems as the RGPC was never designed to be limited by another device.

maggielurva 愛美姬 said...

you are right, i use the powertrans to feed the RGPC...that's the way most people (RGPC owners) use it, i suppose. how else can you use it when there are only two outlets on the powertrans and each requiring weather proof heavy duty plug? my ARC power amps don't come with IEC outlets so i can't play with power cords, and i don't feel like changing the IEC male plugs just to suit this application.

maggielurva 愛美姬 said...

btw, the RG pole pig and substation, both isolation transformers, are to be used in conjunction with their parallel products.

Anonymous said...

Interested in this powertrans. Where can I get one ?

maggielurva 愛美姬 said...

hi

you can call:

audio image (pj, kl) 016-6001218
audio art (ipoh) 012-5201066

good luck!