the ultimate - erecting TNB pole right infront of your house!

a lot of audiophiles think the ultimate frontier in hi-fi is room acoustics. i would like to add another, that's power supply.

as my hearing improves and my system getting more and more revealing, i find that the electricity supplied to my house practically makes or breaks the system. on some nights, it sounded fabulous whereas on other nights it just sounded awful. never mind that i have richard gray power delivery system, never mind that the voltage doesn't actually fluctuate much (it is pretty stable at 230V after midnight, when i do most of my listening), what actually matters is the quality of your electricity. my house being the end of the distribution block in a row of terrace houses, this technically means i get the worst or leftover of electricity.

some veteran sifu had advised me moons ago to do up my power supply but i didn't heed the advice. now i am the one suffering. i tell you, the worst night in the week is sunday night, when everyone is at home with their aircond on... that's when i get the worst sound, not suprisingly.

so, the solution, which is going to cost me RM4K, is to get TNB to build a pole right infront of my house so that they could "fly" the mains direct into my house. that would make sure that i get dedicated and clean supply of electricity. i guess this is the ultimate next to getting a 3-phase direct connection.

but i dont have RM4K to spare now so i have to persevere and subject myself to the vagaries of TNB supply. if i feel that the sound is shitty, i just switch the system off and go to bed!

No comments: