after a very tough and rough week of decision-making, yes, the av xpress 影音快遞 is on! i just had my first meeting with my media partner, margaret, on how i want the magazine/tabloid to look.

i must thank margaret for pushing me to commit on this project. she has no patience for my indecisiveness. she blatantly told me "to try it else i will regret for the rest of my life". she continued with "what's the point of you consulting so many friends, many of whom are not even familiar with the industry?".

my dealer friend, wong, who vouched to support me with his advertisement, warned me that the road ahead is long and winding, with many obstacles and i have to peservere. since i am only doing it part-time, juggling my time with my day-job is gonna be extremely difficult. i have to visit dealers, solicit ad, do listening/audition, write reviews....the list is endless but i am glad to have margeret to take care of my artwork/design and printing and circulation.

i also have to thank yodee for his trust and faith in me. again, it is yodee who gave me the scolding that "if i don't try, i will regret", "you are better than what you think you are", "business will evolve; get it up first, and improvise/improve as it goes along". thanks yodee, you are a pillar of support.

the only competitor in town, a chinese hi-fi mag that has existed for more than a decade had a rough beginning. i don't have a decade to invest my time and money on, so i am gonna to learn a few short-cuts and hopefully achieve the same level of success.

it has been quite an emotional turmoil for me coming up with this decision. but once the decision is made, there is no turning back.

p/s we target the inaugural issue on 18th jan 2007. it is going to be quarterly.

No comments: