Nothing beats unboxing gifts during X'mas, or any other happy occasions. I was lucky enough to witness one joyous one in Aural Designs. In this case, Acoustic Zen Adagio and WLM Diva were supposed to make appearance. I could not hold my breath while looking at those huge boxes being unpacked and the speakers revealed to me! Ahhh, who could resist the exhilaration of unpacking new toys, and huge ones mind you!

WLM is a new brand to me. I wouldn't even know it if it's not for a Taiwan mag. It is a new brand conceived in 2002, with such long Austrain musical history, you can be assured to see the Austrian products more later. Anyway, the speakers were not setup properly and still new. However, one would not fail to notice its potential on first listen. The sound was extended at both extremes and fast. This speaker was about speed and agility, there was this freedom with the sound coming out from the speakers. I can foresee this speakers to excel at playing orchestral work!

Hey, do read the manual before proceeding in setting up the speakers. The Taiwan reviewer found it out the hard way.

Acoustic Zen was known for their cables. It was a surprise for me to see them venturing into making speakers. But I guess they are not the first one as Zu did it earlier. Just because they are round doesn't mean that they are dome tweeters. Yes, the Adagios use the almost weightless Kapton round ribbon tweeters. No harsh highs from them for sure! With the 6.5" ceramic impregnated bass drivers in D'Appolito array, you can be assured of fast response without the lost in musical body. The frequency response was even from my initial listen, but their nimble nature might not be for those head bangers.

Need I say more?! This is one of the better speakers to reach my wish list! Not a little bit better, but a huge margin of better! These speakers have no problem showing the quality of the upstream rigs. You would love to hate these speakers, it is these kinda speakers that drive you to push the limit. The upgrade chain reaction would be a huge one if you decide to get involved! When driven with the 318B, it was fast, agile and immediate with no issue handling huge musical works. It was with the 845SE that I was awed and resolute to own one myself. It was rich, composed, effortless and classy, a sound that you would appreciate instantly if you have traveled long.

With their honesty in musical presentation, you would suffer the consequences of not feeding them with nothing but the BEST!

No comments: