This is for those who might miss it in the comment section, plus some bits and pieces I might add in here and there.

Months ago, I read a review about this superb and so deemed the best sounding player within its price range player. Being a sucker for hyped reviews, I soon announced that this would be my dream player without knowing how it sounded.

Months later, Leslie upgraded. Man, how awed I was to find that it was miles ahead of the 508.24! Every single area, not just some. Sorry Les for discouraging you on the upgrade as I thought 508.24 was already a tough act to beat!

Anyway, after I had a demo at home, this is my next upgrade, PERIOD! BUT, if your setup is not transparent and balanced, forget about getting the G08. Coz this is one heck of a balanced player, doing everything in approriate balance yet never fail to embrace musicality as the ultimate goal!

From top to bottom, nothing stands out but integrating seamlessly to build up the flow of music and emotion. The bass is by far the most organic and articulate I have heard, the top is extended with a natural sense of weight and density.

The mid is the killer part of this player! Talk about presence and emotional conveyance, I have never listened so deeply into my CDs. This player has got the eerie capability of portraying the singer with full bodied outline, anchoring vividly in front of you!

Everthing takes a lifelike presence in my room. 508.24 has got the capability of giving the instruments individual space and dimension, G08 surpasses this by giving the whole presentation the space and dimension in a seamless organic canvas! Soundstage was deep and appropriately wide, with great layers.

I can only say that Meridian is selling this at lesser price than the player deserves! At sub 10K, I have not heard a player that came close to it, and that's a huge gap!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST I HAVE HEARD IN MY SETUP! AND ONE PURCHASE THAT I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY WOULD LAST ANYONE A LIFETIME!

Of course, if I strike lottery, then maybe a 808 lor.

No comments: