I won't write on things that I have not heard of, or things that I have heard of, but not through rigs that I am familiar with. The key word here is FAMILIARITY, if I am not familiar with anything, I think I ought to find out more before writing.

I have been reading and doing research on CD players for a while now. I know, it has been ages I mentioned that I wanted to upgrade my CDP. Last bonus was used on FD frenzy to build up my sense of security. With annual review coming and bonus not quite far away, maybe I should plan something.

I have been reading a lot about this brand called Ayre, I read it as 'air/ayer' in Malay before realizing that it should be 'air' in English. Many Taiwanese reviewers were raving about it and many had bought it with their own money.

Most of the reviewers do not own stuff they review. And with so many things moving in and out every now and then, there's just no point buying! When reviewers buy something, it only proves 2 things. One is that it is hell good of a product, and Two is that it is affordable.

So, with many reviewers buying CX-7e and many raves on CX-5e, I guess I ought to find out more. Maybe I should go and have a listen.

Anyway, Ayre's president, Charlie Hansen was hit with an accident while bicycling. He's getting well and you could follow the progress here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have decided on an Ayre 7e. Would appreciate your views and comparisions with CDPs of similar cost and performance. I have yet to decide if the 5xe is worth the additional amount as I only have a few Hybrid SACDs

Lil' KC 小雞雞 said...

Gee, I have not actually lugged myself to the dealer's place. I'll go tonite!

Hmmm, as for 5xe, it's double the price of 7e! With no video and stereo only output, I really doubt the price/performance ratio is that high! Unless of course you deserve nothing but the best.

Many said the 5xe surpassed the 7e even in redbook. I have no doubt on this as the player was designed ground up for music playback. My logic is, to use 5xe to play redbook alone might not warrant the doubling of price.

Since I too have more CDs than hi-rez(DVD-A/SACD) discs, I am comfortable in taking the performance cut while saving the USD3000 on more CDs.

Will let you know more once I listen to them tonite.

Lil' KC 小雞雞 said...

No luck today as the setup was incomplete. Gonna get a loaner later.

I am excited also as this might be THE player for me as I really like the minimalist design.